Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Monday, October 31, 2016

IM-SELF RELIANT

So far just from hearing and reading a bit of Emerson as a class I've gotten from Emerson that I should be myself and try not to be anyone else and also that us as a youth has a voice in society so we shouldn't be shut out because we are the future generation so we will control the world in a matter of years.  Emerson says " every heart vibrates to that iron string" I don't know if I'm getting the message from him correct but when he says heart I'm guessing it's having to do something with love and emotion or how he is portraying his tone in Self-Reliance. His use of big words though is a part that I'm not very strong on so I would have to research the word. Emerson also used the word Devil in the story which I'm confused if he's talking about evil or religion. When he talks about doing it for himself and not for anyone else can seems like his theme in Self reliance which I think is don't try to impress anyone else and do things for you because you want them. If Emerson saw society how it is today I think he'll be ashamed because yes you can be anyone you want and look however you want to look with surgery and people are all trying to someone that they're not to impress and not doing it for themselves. Even after saying all this I am not getting what Emerson is really trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment